Welcome to Amro University!
M.Ed. Talks: Talks for Music Educators
Join us April 20th and 21st for Amro University's M.Ed. Talks: Talks for Music Educators. Hear from some of the top teachers and clinicians in the Mid-South on how they developed their own outstanding band and orchestra programs.
This year's topics include:
- Recruiting Beginning Students to your Music Program
- Increasing Student Retention in your Bands and Orchestra
- Building Relationshops with Administrators, Parents, and Alumni
- Classroom Management Techniques
- Working with Boosters
- Ordering Supplies
- Hosting a Rental Meeting
- And much more!
Amro University is open to all junior-level and above music education majors, graduate students, student teachers, and first and second year band and orchestra teachers.
Amro University Clinicians:
We are excited to welcome an outstanding panel of clinicians for Amro University 2018:
- David Willson, Director of Bands, University of Mississippi
- Elva Kaye Lance, Director of Bands, Mississippi State University
- Dr. Erik Richards, Director of Bands, Delta State University
- Dr. Jennifer Hawkinson, Assistant Professor of Music Education, University of Central Arkansas
- Dr. Will Plenk, Director of Athletic Bands, University of Memphis
- Dr. Sarah Labovitz, Associate Director of Band, Arkansas State University
- Dr. John Oelrich, Director of Bands, University of Tennessee at Martin
- Dr. Eric Branscome, Department of Music Chair, Austin Peay State University
Amro University Schedule:
Friday, April 20th, 2018
2:00-2:30pm - Hotel Checkin and Registration
3:00pm - Sessions begin at the Holiday Inn - Downtown Memphis.
160 Union Ave., Memphis, TN 38103
Saturday, April 21st, 2018
8:30am - Breakfast and sessions begin at Amro Music Store
2918 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111
Amro University will conclude at approximately 1:00pm following lunch on Saturday.
The $40 registration fee includes all sessions, hotel accommodations, and meals. If you will not be requiring a hotel room, the registration fee is only $25.
Want to attend Amro University for free? Get three friends to sign up for Amro University and enter your name in the registration form and you can attend for free!
Scholarships Available. For more information contact, Nick at email@example.com.
Questions? Contact email Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 901-323-8888.