Best Brands of Trumpets
There are dozens, perhaps even hundreds, of different names being used to manufacturer trumpets from around the world. While some are suitable for young musicians, others are not appropriate for those just learning to play the trumpet. While in no way an exhaustive list, we have found the following brands and models are outstanding choices for someone just learning to play an instrument:
- Accent TR514L
- Bach TRSOL300H2
- Yamaha YTR-200AD
- Eastman ETR221
WHERE CAN I RENT A TRUMPET?
Tips and Tricks for Playing the Trumpet
While instruments can be evaluated on many criteria, we have found that these models are appropriate for somone just learning to play the trumpet. We gave weight to those factors which are most important to a young musician, including:
- Overall construction and durability of the instrument, including solder strengths and manufacturering techniques
- Can the instrument be easily tuned and remain in tune?
- Does the instrument include a durable case and mouthpiece suitable for a beginning musician?
- Are repair parts readily available and easily accessible should a repair be neccessary later?
- Is there an adequate market for resale?
CARING FOR YOUR TRUMPET