The monthly price of renting a trumpet can range from $20 for a used instrument to $50 or more for a new instrument. Here are some things that may impact the rental rate of a trumpet:
- Finish - Although most beginner trumpets are lacquer, some schools may prefer a silver finish.
- Brand/Manufacturer - Quality instruments are made of better materials, play in-tune, and withstand the rigors of a young musician learning to make his or her first sounds.
- Repair - Is instrument damage included with the rental payment? Is the mouthpiece and case included as well?
- Service - Does a local music store provide support to my school or community? Do they pick up and deliver instrument repairs to my child's school?
- Accessories - Does the instrument include any neccessary accessories a young musician may need?
- Step-Up Option - What happens if my child advances and outgrows a beginner instrument?
While taking all of the factors into account, many parents come to the realization that finding the cheapest rental rate is not always the best option. Instead, its wise to a find a rental package that combines a quality instrument with vital services that offers the best opportunity for success while learning to play a musical instrument.